Cold and snow are on the way, don’t let the long summer and lingering mosquitos make you forget that it’s almost time to get your winter maintenance done.
- Get your battery checked. The worst time to discover that your battery is on its last legs in when it’s 20 below zero on the side of the road.
- Get your wipers checked or replaced before our first winter storm.
- Check out your winter kit. Make sure you have warm blankets, water, and energy bars squirreled away in your trunk in case you get stranded.
- Check your engine. If you’re experiencing hard starts, rough idling, stalling, diminished power, or any other issues with your vehicle, now is the time to have Brad and crew give your vehicles a winter inspection.
- Replace dirty filters. Dirty filters can hurt your vehicles gas performance, which can lead to more gas use in the winter, when mileage is less to begin with.
- Change your oil. If you’re not consistent with warming your car up on the freezing Minnesota mornings, now is the time to get an oil change. Clean oil means better performance when you’re doing a lot of stop and start driving, with short trips within town.
- Check your heater and your defroster. You probably haven’t used them since April, so now is a good time to get everything checked to make sure you’re not caught off guard that first winter morning.
- Check your tires. Worn tires and winter weather don’t mix. Don’t take a chance with your or your family’s safety. We can check your tires, rotate, and balance with a simple appointment.